With Botox available in more diverse settings, it’s important to think about the quality of the clinic, the aesthetician’s qualifications, your skincare goals and aftercare.
To help you out, here are 10 factors to consider before investing in Botox.
1) Why you are thinking about having Botox? Is it for cosmetic reasons, perhaps to improve your regular facial expression, or for age-reduction, to treat or prevent wrinkles? Setting your skincare goals before starting will help you to notice the difference and understand when to stop.
2) Qualification and Experience. How often does the aesthetician administer Botox? How long have they been practising for? Do they have the relevant qualifications? Do your research.
3) Initial assessment. Make sure Botox is the right, best value treatment for you and your goals. At Radiance, we always offer a free consultation and facial assessment. This helps us to understand exactly what your objectives are so that we can build a bespoke plan that suits you.
4) Other Treatments. Does the clinic offer other treatments? This is important because Botox does not cure every problem. Alternatives or additions such as Dermal filler or Laser ResurFace may be more appropriate. A good clinician will be able to advise on the best set of treatments for you.
5) Botox for different ages. Assessment and treatment for the under 40s is very different to the over 40s. That’s why we always do a full facial assessment first. This assessment is conducted by using Visia Skin Analysis. This technology scans your skin and gives us a clear idea of what your skin health is at the moment, and how we can help to improve it.
6) Side effects. In skilled hands there are few side effects. Make sure before and after pictures are taken, sign a consent form and ask for aftercare information.
7) What type of Botox is being used? Did you know that there are many brands available? You need to make sure it is a market leader such as Azzalure or Bocouture.
8) Follow up. A check-up after 2 weeks, with a complimentary top-up, is the minimum requirement for best results. Many clinics will not do this as they have to open a new vial of Botox. When it comes to your face, you can’t make compromises – and neither do we. We’ll always offer a complimentary top-up if needed to make sure you’re happy with your results.
9) Book your next appointment. Make it no less than 4 months away – this will be before the Botox wears off completely so that your muscle memory doesn’t kick in overwrite the effects of the Botox.
10) Natural results. Nobody wants to look frozen. At Radiance, we’re extremely experienced and will prioritise responsible use of Botox – giving you a natural-looking result.